5 Principles for Compliant Physician Leader Compensation Contracts
INTEGRATED Healthcare Strategies.
Chad Stutelberg, executive vice president and practice leader at INTEGRATED Healthcare Strategies, laid out five principles for boards to consider as they construct compliant physician compensation agreements.
1. Have a written agreement signed by all parties.
2. Make sure the contract specifically describes all of the physician's duties and responsibilities, including administrative and leadership services.
3. Set an aggregate compensation amount that does not exceed fair market value.
4. For medical director agreements, boards must specify when services will be provided, for how long and what the charged rates will be.
5. Contracts should define how physicians document their services and how they maintain appropriate time records showing they fulfilled their outlined duties.
More Articles on Healthcare Compensation:
© Copyright ASC COMMUNICATIONS 2012. Interested in LINKING to or REPRINTING this content? View our policies by clicking here.
To receive the latest hospital and health system business and legal news and analysis from Becker's Hospital Review, sign-up for the free Becker's Hospital Review E-weekly by clicking here.